My Daughter has made the biggest decision of her life. She’s decided to attend the University of Colorado at Boulder. While we tried to dissuade her from attending an out of state school so far away, we eventually realized that the cultural change would be a positive investment and worth the expense.
I’m excited for her. I’m also excited for us. We’ve been musing about a laid back environment to settle down in and Boulder may the place. Filled with intellectuals and progressives, Boulder is a better fit for my world view. Ironically, being a 20 year military man, I have much more in common with independent and liberal thinkers these days. Boulder is also listed in the top 10 of numerous lists:
– The 10 Happiest Cities – # 1 – Moneywatch.bnet.com
– Top Brainiest Cities – No. 1 – Portfolio.com
– Ten Best Cities for the Next Decade – 4th – Kiplinger’s Personal Finance magazine
– Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index – No. 1 – USA Today
– Best Cities to Raise an Outdoor Kid – No. 1 – Backpacker Magazine
– America’s Top 25 Towns to Live Well – No. 1 – Forbes.com
– Top 10 Healthiest Cities to Live and Retire – No. 6 – AARP magazine
– Top 10 Cities for Artists – No. 8 – Business Week
I think I found my paradise. Hold on Sarah! I’m coming with you!